MarkAlan

I read anything and everything

You Are Mine by Jackie Ashendon

You Are Mine (Nine Circles) - Jackie Ashenden

I skipped over a lot of the domsub stuff in this. I'm quite aware of what it's about, but the story of the dom meeting his match in the not-so-sub sub was interesting. Of course, the alpha male is flawed as hell, the woman less so.

I've never been keen on alpha stories because, contrary to romances, most of the alpha males I've met hurt women, and often badly. They're usually sick bullies, and I've never understood the fascination. The tough guy with a heart of gold is really, really a fantasy for the most part.

The romantic suspense part wasn't too bad, and the writing is good.

Here's the blurb:

HE’S MASTER OF THE GAME
Zac Rutherford is one of the most powerful and sought-after men in New York’s private club scene. Masterful and demanding, he attracts beautiful women willing to surrender to his every whim, every desire, and every command. But Zac is in love with one woman, and one woman only. She is his true passion—and sole obsession. A glorious angel in the flesh…who refuses to be touched by any man.

SHE DOESN’T PLAY BY THE RULES
Eva King owes her life to Zac. Seven years ago, he rescued her from darkness. Still, in spite of her attraction to Zac, she refuses to allow any man to touch her body, let alone her heart. But when a dangerous enemy from Eva’s past reappears, Zac is the only one who can save her—if she’s willing to bare her soul, shed her inhibitions, and surrender control…to him.

Marriage Confidential (Harlequin Intrigue)
Debra Webb