MarkAlan

I read anything and everything

Wicked Edge by Rebecca Zanetti

Wicked Edge - Rebecca Zanetti

Paranormal action romance. A fun read actually. Lots of action with witches, demons and shifters making and breaking alliances, lots of skip-skip bonking which actually wasn't that bad, The men growl a lot and the witch enforcer hero gets an immediate stiffy when he's with the heroine, and her demon juices flow when she's with him - thus the bonking. The difference is, she has three shifter sons, though she's young for a demon - just a little over a hundred. The interplay between her and Daire is great fun. She knows what her goal is, and she gets it in the end despite Daire's silly protectiveness. I enjoyed the story, too.

Here's the blurb:

Daire Dunne is more than ready to take a quick break from his duties as a Coven Nine Enforcer. When he spots a sexy blonde across a Titan’s of Fire party, it’s not long before she’s on the back of his Harley on the fast track to his apartment. Unfortunately, one overheated kiss in, the woman drugs Daire and steals valuable files that can’t fall into enemy hands. The second he comes to, the hunt is on...

Now that Cee Cee has the information to take down an enemy that destroyed her family, she can implement her perfect plan for revenge. Nothing will stop her, not even a shockingly sexy enforcer barging into her life. Not even the spectacular, fire-branding sex engulfing them. But if Daire ever figures out who her family really is, all bets are off...

I liked Cee Cee a lot. Daire irritated me - he was just a bit too thick at times. This is book 2 in the Realm Enforcers series, and it was good enough that I may check out the other books.

Texas Showdown (Cattlemen Crime Club)
Barb Han