MarkAlan

I read anything and everything

November 9 ny Colleen Hoover

November 9: A Novel - Colleen Hoover

This was a real emotional roller coaster. That sounds a bit shopworn, but it was. And I thoroughly enjoyed it. I lived inside Ben and Fallon. Here's the blurb:

Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day of her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in LA together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.

"Ultimate plot twist" is an exaggeration, because it didn't feel like a twist in the sense of plot twists in murder mysteries. It was more of a missing piece that explained and made sense of previous behaviour. After I finished it, I went and read some of the reviews, and I can only say that some of the reviews that trashed the book are completely misplaced.

Anyway, I liked it, and I'm what counts!

Marriage Confidential (Harlequin Intrigue)
Debra Webb