MarkAlan

I read anything and everything

Laying Down the Law by Delores Fossen

Laying Down the Law (Appaloosa Pass Ranch) - Delores Fossen

Finally, FINALLY we find out who the Midnight Strangler is. A great story to end the series. There are lots of twists, turns and red herrings that keep the story moving, and the developing relationship between Cord and Karina serves as a nice background. And no baby epilogue!

Here's the blurb:

A Texas lawman must face his past and bring a serial killer to justice

DEA agent Cord Granger knows evidence doesn't lie. And he knows the serial killer in custody—his biological father—is the Moonlight Strangler. With news of a similar attack, Cord takes the victim, rancher Karina Southerland, into his protective custody.

Marred by the Strangler's hallmark slash across her cheek, Karina is sure Cord's father is innocent. The real killer is still out there—and he's coming to finish what he started. At least they can agree that their smoldering attraction is real. Now, if there's any hope for a future, Cord must solve this murderous puzzle. Before the Moonlight Strangler strikes again.

The plot is complicated but not overly so, and the the twists aren't complete surprises, which is nice. I hate bolts from the blue.

Marriage Confidential (Harlequin Intrigue)
Debra Webb