MarkAlan

I read anything and everything

The Good, the Bad, and the Vampire by Sara Humphreys

The Good, the Bad, and the Vampire - Sara  Humphreys

I'd sworn off vampire novels up to now, because I was just tired of them. This one is pretty cool. And there are gargoyles! The small irritating point was Trixie being described as 'feisty' much too often. I've come to hate that word, along with 'strong' when applied to women. Strength should be obvious from the text. And 'feisty' as a condescending feel. And  I'm not particularly a baby fan, and there's one in the book.

Here's the blurb:

He wants eternity?
Dakota Shelton is a vampire cowboy with a penchant for cinnamon lollipops and Johnny Cash. Though highly skilled and deadly dangerous to his enemies, he's still a Texas good ol' boy at heart. And he has that heart set on wooing Trixie LaRoux-the most badass punk rock chick in town-the old-fashioned way.

Over her undead body...
Trixie is tough as nails and sharp as a silver stake-the last thing she wants is a man to sit on a porch and not grow old with. So it'll take going to hell and back fighting a new threat to vampires before she admits Dakota's courtship makes her blood hum. Turns out chivalry's not dead after all.

It was a page-turner despite 'strong' and 'feisty' because I really wanted to know what would happened.

The Deputy's Witness (The Protectors of Riker County)
Tyler Anne Snell