MarkAlan

I read anything and everything

No Good Deed by Allison Brennan

No Good Deed (Lucy Kincaid Novels Book 10) - Allison Brennan

This is my first Allison Brennan book and I was breathless at times - The plot moved along at breakneck speed, and I enjoyed it very much. Women are front and centre, both as heroes and sociopathic and psychopathic villains. There were a few well done bonk scenes, and some might call the book romantic suspense, but it was much more of a thriller to me.

Here's the blurb:

Lucy Kincaid understands the dangers of corruption. As an FBI agent, she has witnessed some very bad deeds committed by seemingly good people. That’s why she’s glad to see corrupt DEA Agent Nicole Rollins behind bars for murder, conspiracy, and gunrunning. But when Rollins makes a daring escape—jeopardizing a busload of children and killing five officers—Lucy becomes the key to the biggest manhunt in Texas history…and the target of a brilliant killer.

Some believe Rollins has fled the country. But Lucy suspects her plan is far more sinister—a taunting game of cat and mouse that hits much closer to home. First, an FBI agent with a connection to Texas is killed in Washington. Then, Kane Rogan disappears on a mission. When Rollins ups the ante again, Lucy is determined to save the people she loves—before her enemy strikes again. Time is running out. The body count is rising. Rollins wants more than revenge—she wants to destroy everything Lucy holds dear…

All in all, a terrific page turner.

Marriage Confidential (Harlequin Intrigue)
Debra Webb